PEMBROKE CLOCK TOWER (1903)
The Pembroke Clock Tower was built in 1903 and forms part of the Old Guard Room. It gives Pembroke a unique character and serves as a landmark and meeting place. It is the highest building in Pembroke and has been restored in 1995.
PEMBROKE FORT (1879)
Fort Pembroke was built after a defence committee recommendation in 1873. Work began on the 24th January 1875 and was completed in December 1879. The fort was to serve two defence purposes namely to safeguard the seaward approach to the Grand Harbour and to defend the right flank of the Victoria Lines as well as preventing any over flanking movement around the fortified Great Fault. Today, it is being used for educational purposes and houses the Verdala International School.
PEMBROKE BATTERY (1899)
Pembroke Battery was built between 1909 and 1912, a short distance away from Fort Pembroke. Oval in shape, the battery was armed with two 9.2 inch BL MK X guns abreast of each other, each having a 180-degree arc of fire. In the mid-1980s part of this battery was destroyed to make way for housing development. The Pembroke Local Council is currently involved together with the Ministry for Environment in restoration works on this Battery which it aims to transform into a Museum.
MADALIENA TOWER (1658)
Madaliena Tower, safeguarding the coast of Bahar ic-Caghaq was built-in
1658 by Grand Master De Redin. In the 19th Century, it was modified by the British Services to accommodate a 64-pdr RML Gun on a circular traversing carriage to safeguard the surrounding coast as well as to assist the Victoria Lines in their defence purpose.
PEMBROKE MILITARY CEMETERY
This cemetery is the final resting place for 323 World Wars 1 and 2 fatalities and 300 other deaths and is maintained by the War Graves Commission.
PEMBROKE EX-RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGES
These ranges are interesting examples of military training facilities still operating on the Maltese Islands.
They are located close to the Mediterranean Sea in an area surrounded by countryside and landscape of great scenic and ecological value. These ranges are being used by the Armed Forces of Malta for training purposes.
This building was built in November 1915 by the Australian Branch of the British Red Cross Society for the benefit of the Soldiers of the Empire.
The first barracks were built close to St George's Bay in 1859, but further blocks were built at the turn of the century and after World War Two. In the mid-1980s, most of these barracks were converted into apartments and let to Maltese families. Others were converted into offices and a Holiday Complex.
ĦARQ HAMIEM VALLEY
About 400 plant species grow along this short valley ranging from the main entrance to Pembroke all the way down to St George's Bay.
ĦARQ HAMIEM CAVE
This cave was noted by a British Services Survey Team in 1956 although it features in a map pertaining to Count Ciantar's 1772 book on Malta. A fresh water cavern, found in this cave is regarded as the most spectacular in the region.
MADRE TERESA OF CALCUTTA PUBLIC GARDEN (1996)
This recreational garden is located in the heart of the neighbourhood and has a space of 2161 square metres. The construction works started on 2 January 1996 and ended on 3 May 1996. The inauguration ceremony took place two days later and since then the garden has been used by both local residents and other residents of other recreational locations.
GARDEN AND SPORTS FACILITIES 4 JULY
CLIFFORD MICALLEF GARDEN
NATURA 2000 SITE